Inclusive Leadership Series:
Executive Certificate in ESG Impact Management
(Certified ESG Planner CEP®)
Certified ESG Planner CEP® is a trademark granted by International Chamber of Sustainable Development (ICSD) and registered with the United Nations SDGs Knowledge Platform. (Registration No.: 39533). The trademark can be used after your name on business cards and Curriculum Vitae. For more information, please visit: https://www.icsd-global.org/certified-esg-planner
The programme aims to prepare professional executives from different disciplines to advance their understanding in the field of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), to equip executives with best practice, core knowledge and skillsets to create ESG financial and non-financial impacts and facilitate impactful partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- This programme is co-hosted by iEnterpise Foundation and International Chamber of Sustainable Development (ICSD);
- To understand the latest trend of ESG development;
- To master the skills of using CEPAR* to solve real-life ESG challenges
- To acquire knowledge that is necessary for ESG investment;
- Designed for participants who would want to create positive social impacts;
- This programme will be instructed by seasoned professionals with practical experience in the area of ESG, consultancy, social enterprise, NGO, non-profit organization and corporate strategic management.
- All modules and instructions will be conducted virtually.
CEP® signature CEPAR 5-step methodology to tackle ESG issues:
Being a Certified ESG Planner CEP®, one can:
- have the authorization to use the trademark CEP® after your name as a credential;
- obtain a solid knowledge of sustainability;
- understand the trend and the state-of-the-art development in ESG;
- apply 5-step CEPAR to tackle pressing ESG issues.
Eligibility of using CEP®
- Complete the designated training program and pass the assessment
- Join ICSD membership (HK$800/year), this program fee includes the first-year membership fee.
- Attend all FIVE modules:
- ESG for business (3 hours);
- Introduction to sustainable business model and long-term value creation (3 hours);
- Social Entrepreneurship and ESG Impact Partnership(3 hours);
- Reporting for ESG (3 hours) and
- ESG Integrated Financial Consideration (3 hours)
Submit a 500-1000 words Application Paper (Chinese or English) at the end of the program to apply the methodology learned to solve a real-life ESG problem. Professional feedbacks will be provided.
- ESG for business by Dr. Angus Yip
- Corporate sustainability and ESG in business world
- Net Zero challenges and opportunities
- Current practices of ESG and future trend
- ESG Analysis, Sustainable Business Model and Strategies by Dr. Mike Hui
- ESG integration analysis approach and why companies should connect sustainability to their business model
- Typical ESG issues, corporate competitive position and long-term value creation
- Social Entrepreneurship and ESG Impact Partnership by Dr. Ilex Lam
- Practice of resourcefulness – development of unlimited potential of human, social, innovation and spiritual capital of social entrepreneurship
- Tripartite Collaborative Model – the practice of impact partnership within internal ESG Team as well as external stakeholders including clients, corporate partner, NGO and donor.
- Examples of social innovation on how ESG impact can be created and incorporated into strategic initiatives such as “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Policy” and “Community Engagement/Investment”.
- Practice of ESG Impact Management and Measurement (IMM)
- Reporting for ESG by Dr. Angus Yip
- Basics and benefits of ESG reporting
- Current framework of HKEX ESG reporting requirement
- Steps in preparing ESG reports
- ESG Integrated Financial Consideration by Dr. Mike Hui
- Financial KPIs of ESG analysis
- Strategies and performance of sustainable and responsible investment
- CEPAR five-step approach to deal with ESG challenges
December, 2022 (Monday)
December, 2022 (Wednesday)
Reporting for ESG
December, 2022 (Thursday)
ESG Analysis, Sustainable Business Model and
December, 2022 (Monday)
ESG Integrated Financial Consideration
December, 2022 (Wednesday)
Social Entrepreneurship and ESG Impact Partnership
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Online via Zoom.
Cantonese supplemented with English materials
$4,900 (one-year ICSD membership fee included)
Group Discount: HK$200 less per person
(For a total of 2 or more participants enrolling the same intake of the programme at the same time)
2nd December, 2022 (Friday)
Dr. Angus Yip
Angus studied in the U.K. and obtained double Master Degrees from the University of Cambridge (Sustainability Leadership) and Lancaster University (Accounting & Finance). Angus also obtained a Master Degree in Management from Harvard University and a graduate certificate in “Corporate Sustainability and Innovation” (Harvard). He has more than 30 years’ hands-on corporate banking and asset management working experience. He has been working with listed companies on their ESG reporting since 2015. Angus is Adjunct Associate Professor at Hong Kong University SPACE and completed his doctoral degree at the University of Wales TSD with the research in ESG reporting.
Dr. Mike Hui
Mike, CFA, has extensive teaching and training experience. He teaches Chartered Financial Analyst CFA Examination program and Certified Financial Planner CFP Examination program investment module in various universities. Mike is Adjunct Lecturer at Hong Kong University SPACE and completed his doctoral degree at the University of Wales TSD with the research in ESG investment.
Dr. Ilex Lam
Ilex has applied social entrepreneurial models to unleash neglected productivity of underprivileged communities and the practice of impact investment philosophy for both economic benefits and social impacts to advance the environmental, social and governance aspects since 2012. Ilex’s Tripartite Collaborative Model was exemplified in “Social Innovation for a Better Hong Kong” (Our HK Foundation 2016). He has contributed to the publications of “The Essence and Measurement of Organizational Efficiency” (Springer 2015) and “Sustainable Investment – Impact in Asia” (AAM and UNDP 2020). Ilex earned his doctoral degree from UBI, Belgium, MBA from University of Warwick, Postgraduate Diploma of Financial Economics from University of London. He has completed the Senior Executive Program by Harvard Business School and the Graduate Financial Engineering Program by Stanford University. Ilex is Adjunct Professor of City University of Hong Kong.